- Um. Where has June gone? How is it already the 22nd? I demand more hours in each day and more in each week. There’s never enough time to do ALL. THE. THINGS.
- That said, I’ve had a bit more time this week as a neighbor’s daughter has been a mother’s helper for me three mornings for about two hours each. She’s here to get to know the kids in advance of doing some (evening!!) babysitting for us starting in the fall. We’re so excited because we haven’t had regular date nights since before darling son was born (and he’s now 3+!!). She’s a lovely girl and I’m so glad it’s working out.
- We need to figure out childcare for the fall. I’m going to be starting (another) part-time job, but this one will need more time than the one I’ve had since March 2008 such that consistent, daytime childcare will be necessary.
WeI keep going around in circles between the pros/cons of full-time live-in help, part-time live-out help, and putting the kids in half-day nursery school for a couple of days each week. It’s so frustrating, but at the same time, we’re in a wonderful position to even be having this debate.
Whew. I’m glad that 2011 is ending. While it’s not been a super horrible year, it’s been frustrating. To recap…
- Strained left adductor
- At least three colds in the spring
- Hubs went out of town on extended trips twice
- I got laid off from work
- Husband’s career plans were changed by the powers that be
- Lucky was diagnosed with cancer
- Dishwasher broke and we had issues getting it replaced (I know, that’s a #firstworldproblem if there ever was one, but it was frustrating at the time)
- Lucky died
There were some good times though…
- I quickly got a new job with a related organization
- Fun times in Nashville
- Fun times in Seattle
- Family Fun Day 2011
- Good visit with family in Georgia over Christmas
- Allergies diagnosis
- Improved left adductor
- I’m so much closer to graduation that I was this time last year
Some friendships were strengthened (yay!), while some frayed (boo). I hate that there are people that I’m not as close to know as I was a year ago, but I honestly believe that maybe now is not our time. Our time may have already passed or it may happen again in the future. I’m not going to stress about it (too much) and wish those friends nothing but love and happiness.
I’m physically stronger and healthier than I was this time last year.
I didn’t write as much here as I had hoped.
In all, I’d say this year was a wash. Stay tuned for my post tomorrow about the things I’m looking forward to in 2012.