- Um. Where has June gone? How is it already the 22nd? I demand more hours in each day and more in each week. There’s never enough time to do ALL. THE. THINGS.
- That said, I’ve had a bit more time this week as a neighbor’s daughter has been a mother’s helper for me three mornings for about two hours each. She’s here to get to know the kids in advance of doing some (evening!!) babysitting for us starting in the fall. We’re so excited because we haven’t had regular date nights since before darling son was born (and he’s now 3+!!). She’s a lovely girl and I’m so glad it’s working out.
- We need to figure out childcare for the fall. I’m going to be starting (another) part-time job, but this one will need more time than the one I’ve had since March 2008 such that consistent, daytime childcare will be necessary.
WeI keep going around in circles between the pros/cons of full-time live-in help, part-time live-out help, and putting the kids in half-day nursery school for a couple of days each week. It’s so frustrating, but at the same time, we’re in a wonderful position to even be having this debate.
The year has ended. Before I post some musings on the year, let’s recap the final month.
- Family time with just the three of us
- Christmas with the fam back home via Skype
- A few Saturdays worth of work at the shop
- A SUP lesson
- Christmas cookies and movies and getting the tree up
- Family arrival and tree decorating
- Bebe started to crawl and pull himself up
- Two teeth (one before and one after Christmas)
- Christmas with the fam and lots of guests for dinner
- Quiet NYE at home
That’s it. Not too exciting, but my month nonetheless…
Let’s try this in bullets…
- Found a brunch place in Kingston that’s open on Sundays. You have no idea how wonderful that is unless you regularly work Saturdays and love brunch and live in a town where shops and/or restaurants often do not open on Sundays.
- Started the Athleta 30-Day Squat Challenge and completed the first two weeks. A road-trip derailed my progress and other forces prevented me from starting it up again…
- Made a new friend, who happens to be a neighbor, and attended the Canberra Multicultural Festival with her.
- Road trip! Canberra to Melbourne to Portland (via the Great Ocean Road) to Canberra in three days (around 1300 miles all together). A long time in the car, but definitely worth it.
- Work and SUP lessons, which I so dearly love teaching
- Went to my first UC Brumbies match and reminded myself of how much I enjoy watching rugby even though I lost my desire to play it years and years ago
- Found another place (and one that’s within walking distance of our house) that’s open for Sunday brunch. SCORE!
- Got plugged back into the L&D community online via the #OzLearn and #Lrnchat Twitter chats and started developing (online) relationships so that part of my skill set doesn’t atrophy