Skip to content
- Having friends is awesome. As an introvert, it would be so much easier (at time) to not have friends, but I know this isn’t true and am thankful for the wonderful people in my life.
- Modern technology is awesome. I’m sitting on the couch at 2 PM in Doha exchanging online messages with friends in Australia and around the corner while sending emails to people back in the US. It’s even awesomer (is that a word? WordPress tells me it isn’t. I think it should be.) how much easier things have gotten in the four years (or so) since we left Washington, DC.
- Being an adult is awesome. Sure, there are lots of unfun things about it (like cleaning the kitchen EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT.), but I want to go back in time to tell my late teen/early twenties self to be patient. Hell, I want to tell my mid/late twenties self to be patient. My thirties have been far better than I ever anticipated they would be and I’m actually kind of excited about turning forty in a few years.
- After several mornings of wake-ups on the right side of 6:30 AM, little girl decided to wake up right at 6 AM. Sigh. I was really getting used to having coffee and chatting with husband for a bit before the kid(s) woke up. Here’s to hoping that today was a quirk and not a schedule re-set.
- The humidity has cranked up here! It’s now only 99F, but it feels like 113F due to the 47% humidity. Ugh. The kids and I played outside for a bit this morning, but only for a bit because I was sweating buckets.
- While new baby gates were being installed this morning, I took advantage of little boy’s newfound love of Moana and reorganized all the downstairs toys. We’ve been in this house coming up on a month and it was desperately needed.
- My phone, a OnePlus One, is not long for this world. I bought it just over two years ago, but I’m a heavy phone-user and it’s been dropped so many times. It was awfully buggy, so I performed a couple of factory resets in the last week and while it runs better now, the battery does not charge consistently. I really need to research my options for unlocked Android phones instead of just buying the OnePlus Five, which should be released this month.
- Last night, we had one of my favorite slow-cooker meals (Butter Chicken) for dinner. It hits all the right flavor notes and the kids eat it (generally, except the Kid, who is still not feeling well).
- I signed up to be a Rodan and Fields consultant a few weeks ago. I thought it through a bit, but it was mainly an impulse thing. Now that I’ve done it, I’m so wary of IG and FB spamming my friends, like I’ve been spammed, that I’ve only told two people IRL that I’ve done it and this is my first public mention of it online. I signed up for a number of reasons, which I’ll likely post about in the future, and hope that I’m not wasting my time (or my sponsor’s time for that matter).