- Ugh. HFMD is the worst. Baby girl had a mild go of it, but the kid has one of the more severe cases his pediatrician has seen this spring. I won’t even begin to tell you how miserable both of them have been this week.
- That said, because baby girl’s case was mild, she was in fairly good spirits and I got to spend two days with her solo while the kid was at school earlier in the week. She’s a funny, independent little girl and I laughed a lot.
- The kid will be staying home from nursery next week (boo! Mainly because he likes going to so much.) and thank goodness I have lots of report writing to do. He can watch movies and I can type. A win for both of us.
aka: The I’m Tired of This Edition
- Since the previous Three Things post, I was diagnosed and treated for bronchitis. While at the ENT for said bronchitis last month, the doctor noticed I had nodules on the left side of my thyroid. Bloods came back “normal,” and an ultrasound showed the largest of the nodules was 4.5 cm. The protocol is to do a biopsy/fine need aspiration for anything over 1cm. I had that done yesterday.
- Now I’m just waiting for the results to be given to my endocrinologist and figure out next steps. I don’t have all the symptoms of hypothyroidism, but might be in early stages or there may be something else going on. Just have to wait and see.
- In the interim, I’m trying to stay off Doctor Google and be positive.