- I’m tired but incredibly thankful for the fullness of my life. I get to spend four days a week with my children and also work (half-days) three days a week at a job that’s new and fulfilling.
- Everyone in the house is slowly adjusting to our new routines and rhythms. We all could use a little more sleep and a lot less sickness/crud, but that’s
life in Dohawhat happens when kids start nursery school.
- Also randomness: Season Two of Outlander is finally on Netflix streaming. I’ve read the books twice over now and love having the show on in the background while I peruse the internet. I don’t need to hear the dialogue to follow the plot and the costuming and scenery are stunning.
I don’t have a Tech Tuesday post for today. Instead, you get to read a bullet list of my morning thoughts…
- It’s 7:12 AM. I’ve been up since 6 AM. Both kids are still asleep. I’ve dreamed of mornings like this for ages and am so thankful they’ve actually arrived.
- I’ve already finished all my coffee for the morning.
- I’ve read/process all the email that arrived overnight, caught up on IG (I really dislike the new sorting algorithm BTW), and perused FB.
- I should have showered or done any number of things with this golden time, but #ohwellgirl
- We need to go to the grocery, but this is going to be today’s forecast.
- I’ve just finished a regency romance mini-binge, but am not excited about any of the books I was reading before the binge. (Friend me on Goodreads, why don’t you?)
- My reading list has shifted almost entirely from fiction to non-fiction over the last five years.
- My new phone arrived the other day. I like it a lot, but the battery died overnight when it shouldn’t have.
- Friends are starting to leave Doha for the summer since most of the schools just let out. They’ll be returning while we’re gone next month, so it’ll likely be very early September before we’re all back in town.
I’m going to go get dressed now so that my morning goes that much smoother when the sleepy-heads do finally wake up.