Today’s edition of Tech Tuesday is not groundbreaking at all. Just a quick note to share that my white noise (Android) app (also available in the iTunes store) has been a lifesaver at times. Car trips, meditation, part-time job work…any time I need to get in the zone, I turn it on, select a single sound (or a mix or create my own mix like in the attached picture) and ah…
We used to have it installed on the computer that was in my son’s room so that we could play the white noise while he slept and we have it on an old cell phone for traveling so that we don’t have to tote a Dohm machine around. It’s not super special, but it gets the job done. There are pros/cons to using white noise for babies (and you should do your own research #youdoyou), but it worked/works for us.
The month started with the two paddles I captured above and devolved into lots of couch time and knitting. Let’s move into bullets…
- Got the low-down on birthing and breastfeeding from a great new friend
- Rediscovered the Belconnen Fresh Food Markets–our new favorite place for grocery shopping on these increasingly chilly Saturday mornings
- #fauxsinglegirl for a bit while hubs was out of town meant watching lots of Supernatural on Netflix and a dinner in Dickson at the noodle house with another friend
- Easter brunch with great new friend, her husband, a few other people, and five kids under the age of eight
- Easter holidays (Good Friday and Easter Monday) + ANZAC Day meant a Canberra was super deserted and lots of couch time with husband
- Lots of cleaning and sorting
In all, a good month. Bring on May!