I don’t have a Tech Tuesday post for today. Instead, you get to read a bullet list of my morning thoughts…
- It’s 7:12 AM. I’ve been up since 6 AM. Both kids are still asleep. I’ve dreamed of mornings like this for ages and am so thankful they’ve actually arrived.
- I’ve already finished all my coffee for the morning.
- I’ve read/process all the email that arrived overnight, caught up on IG (I really dislike the new sorting algorithm BTW), and perused FB.
- I should have showered or done any number of things with this golden time, but #ohwellgirl
- We need to go to the grocery, but this is going to be today’s forecast.
- I’ve just finished a regency romance mini-binge, but am not excited about any of the books I was reading before the binge. (Friend me on Goodreads, why don’t you?)
- My reading list has shifted almost entirely from fiction to non-fiction over the last five years.
- My new phone arrived the other day. I like it a lot, but the battery died overnight when it shouldn’t have.
- Friends are starting to leave Doha for the summer since most of the schools just let out. They’ll be returning while we’re gone next month, so it’ll likely be very early September before we’re all back in town.
I’m going to go get dressed now so that my morning goes that much smoother when the sleepy-heads do finally wake up.
AKA: The De Quervain’s Tenosynovitis Edition
- After experiencing pain in my left thumb/wrist for almost fourteen months (I KNOW, I KNOW! Chalk it up to my high pain tolerance), I finally decided to see someone about it when the pain started shooting up to my elbow. Nevermind that I now have a bone spur on the inside of my wrist because of this…Now, I’m wearing a brace and need to minimize usage of my left hand/arm for three to four (!!!) months so that it can heal.
- This means I need to revise my June goals. So, let’s aim for 15 yoga sessions and cancel the kettlebell part for the time being.
- On the plus side, I can recommend a good osteopath here in Doha who lives across the street from me. Ha ha.
It’s been about three weeks since Kid started refusing his afternoon naps. It’s been about three weeks since felt like I had my sh*t together. During those three weeks, Kid and I both had head colds, but neither of us kicked them on our own–he came down with an ear infection and I had a sinus infection. This brought a (temporary) reprieve to this change, but…
…I need to stop fighting this (day) sleep transition. He’s rocking a solid uninterrupted ~12 hours at night and on the days when we having something to do in the morning, he generally takes a two hour nap at midday. But…
…I like that time mid-morning where I can sit with my cup of coffee and my thoughts and JUST. BE. I need that time to recharge my batteries. I knew this was coming, but had hoped it would be later. Not now. Three or four months from now. But…
…I don’t get to make that call. One nap a day, here we come.