Here I am. It’s a full week into 2017 already and I’m just now sitting down to write up my thoughts about 2016. I’ll write another post someday about how the first week of 2017 has gone (but quickly tl;dr #hospital #asthma #bronchitis). Here goes…
Continue reading “2016 Recap”
So, I fell off the face of (blogging) Earth. July went a little haywire and here we are on 31 December and I’m trying to figure out where the last six months went. Instead of breaking this down into a “Life” and “Goals” section, I’m just going to summarize (via bullets) what’s been going on with me. I’ll go ahead and say upfront that SUP-ing isn’t happening (I sold my board), meditation is a no-go (need to restart this ASAP), and me-time happened when it could, but not always consistently. Bring on 2016!!
The month started quietly with a low-key New Year’s Day. Bebe and I were recovering from a cold. A few days later, my parents returned from New Zealand and the very next day, my dad departed to head back home. Hubs went back to work and my mum stayed for almost the rest of the month. Mum and I were able to work on some projects around the house (backyard gardening, car interior cleaning) and we took Bebe to the beach for a few days as well. I started exercising again (see below in Goals) and Bebe continued waking twice a night, so I started napping again when I could. He also started eating with gusto and continued being ever more adorable as he nailed the crawling thing and started bear crawling as well. The month ended with Mum heading back home and the long Australia Day weekend.
I likely won’t talk about the who-its and what-its too much for now, but will instead just provide a status update on these.
- I’ve started CrossFit and am reserving overall judgement until early April. Gotta give things three months, just like my parents taught me when I was younger.
- Thanks to a recommendation online, I spent way too much time reading historical romance books in January. As such, I’ve already read seven books for the year.
- I’ve missed a few days of meditation, but am trucking on. Headspace is great and I highly recommend it.
- I wasn’t able to go for a paddle in January, but am planning to go on a coffee paddle early in February.
- Mum and I went for a pedicure before she left (yay to painted toes!).