- The kids started nursery school today. All of it went exactly as I had hoped it would.
- Hubs took the day off work so we could take the kids to school together and then go out for lunch. It was lovely! We walked around the Mall of Qatar for a bit and then ate at Eataly. We talked about politics and books and only a teeny bit about our children.
- While nursery school isn’t cheap, it’s the right call for our family. The kids are ready for it and with my going back to work part-time starting Sunday, I’m glad we went this route versus the alternatives.
View on Instagram http://ift.tt/2j4QRJw
We just returned home from seven weeks of being back in the USA, specifically, in the metro-Atlanta area. I took a much-needed break from my usual day-to-day, and the kids got to spend heaps of time with my parents. Our time away was lovely, and now that we’ve returned to Doha, I’m taking the opportunity to institute new routines and refresh existing ones, as follows below:
- I want to get up before the kids each day to create some “me time.” Depending on the day of the week, I’ll either exercise, meditate, or read. Doing these things in the morning means I’m a better person at the end of the day for all the people I encounter.
- If I want to get up earlier, I need to go to bed earlier. I like staying up until 11 PM reading each night, but I hate the way that makes me feel in the morning. According to Sleep as in Android, I’m a Morning Lark 5, and my sleep data indicates that I need need to be “lights out” by 9:55 PM each night to optimize my sleep.
- The kids. Oh, the kids. I can’t institute new routines quite yet because I start working part-time on 10 September and they start nursery school three times a week next week. We’ll have to have some trial and error days to figure out what’s going to work best for our house.