Skip to content
- Um. Where has June gone? How is it already the 22nd? I demand more hours in each day and more in each week. There’s never enough time to do ALL. THE. THINGS.
- That said, I’ve had a bit more time this week as a neighbor’s daughter has been a mother’s helper for me three mornings for about two hours each. She’s here to get to know the kids in advance of doing some (evening!!) babysitting for us starting in the fall. We’re so excited because we haven’t had regular date nights since before darling son was born (and he’s now 3+!!). She’s a lovely girl and I’m so glad it’s working out.
- We need to figure out childcare for the fall. I’m going to be starting (another) part-time job, but this one will need more time than the one I’ve had since March 2008 such that consistent, daytime childcare will be necessary.
We I keep going around in circles between the pros/cons of full-time live-in help, part-time live-out help, and putting the kids in half-day nursery school for a couple of days each week. It’s so frustrating, but at the same time, we’re in a wonderful position to even be having this debate.
- After several mornings of wake-ups on the right side of 6:30 AM, little girl decided to wake up right at 6 AM. Sigh. I was really getting used to having coffee and chatting with husband for a bit before the kid(s) woke up. Here’s to hoping that today was a quirk and not a schedule re-set.
- The humidity has cranked up here! It’s now only 99F, but it feels like 113F due to the 47% humidity. Ugh. The kids and I played outside for a bit this morning, but only for a bit because I was sweating buckets.
- While new baby gates were being installed this morning, I took advantage of little boy’s newfound love of Moana and reorganized all the downstairs toys. We’ve been in this house coming up on a month and it was desperately needed.