- We’ve been at my parents’ house for almost a week. It’s wonderful to be here and while there are many things I’m missing about our house/neighborhood in Doha, I’m not missing the heat. Thank goodness we’ll be in Georgia for a while.
- Simple dinners, like last night’s–a cheese and mushroom omelet topped by these lovely tomatoes—need to be in the rotation more. The meal was delicious, but not heavy, which is perfect for the summer heat.
- I don’t really have a third thing today. Life is good.
AKA: The De Quervain’s Tenosynovitis Edition
- After experiencing pain in my left thumb/wrist for almost fourteen months (I KNOW, I KNOW! Chalk it up to my high pain tolerance), I finally decided to see someone about it when the pain started shooting up to my elbow. Nevermind that I now have a bone spur on the inside of my wrist because of this…Now, I’m wearing a brace and need to minimize usage of my left hand/arm for three to four (!!!) months so that it can heal.
- This means I need to revise my June goals. So, let’s aim for 15 yoga sessions and cancel the kettlebell part for the time being.
- On the plus side, I can recommend a good osteopath here in Doha who lives across the street from me. Ha ha.
I’ve had these on my mind for a week or so, but I’m just now getting around to writing them down. Not all of them are quantifiable, but they’re important nonetheless. Here goes: