AKA: The De Quervain’s Tenosynovitis Edition
- After experiencing pain in my left thumb/wrist for almost fourteen months (I KNOW, I KNOW! Chalk it up to my high pain tolerance), I finally decided to see someone about it when the pain started shooting up to my elbow. Nevermind that I now have a bone spur on the inside of my wrist because of this…Now, I’m wearing a brace and need to minimize usage of my left hand/arm for three to four (!!!) months so that it can heal.
- This means I need to revise my June goals. So, let’s aim for 15 yoga sessions and cancel the kettlebell part for the time being.
- On the plus side, I can recommend a good osteopath here in Doha who lives across the street from me. Ha ha.
I’ve had these on my mind for a week or so, but I’m just now getting around to writing them down. Not all of them are quantifiable, but they’re important nonetheless. Here goes:
- Fifteen (15) kettlebell workouts
- Five (5) Wildfire yoga sessions
- Prioritize sleep over reading at night
- Battle my introvert-ness by seeking out real-life conversations with friends
- Ask my partner for help more often
- Take care of #Queenshit
I live where it’s hot almost all year round. As a result, I am constantly chasing my kids around with their water bottles. It’s easy to forget about myself though. One of the tools I use to keep myself on track is the fabulous app Waterlogged (Android or iTunes). It’s super easy to set up and if you’re keen, the app can remind you throughout the day to drink more or log the liquid you’ve consumed. I aim for 75 ounces (2.2 L) per day just for my normal activity, but on days that we’re outside a good bit or days that I exercise, I shoot for more. While this “Tech Tuesday” app is not revolutionary, it may be helpful to you too.