I’m back in the US (for only a few more days) visiting family, so I’ll keep this short and sweet so we can go back to playing outside in the nice spring weather. Hit it…
- Bebe’s first domestic (Oz and US) and international flights and Bebe’s first jet lag
- Bebe’s first spaghetti
- Bebe got to meet his great-grandparents and lots of other family members that he’d never met before
- Bebe started walking!!
- Going out to eat with other adults for dinner and having cocktails
- Friends flew down from DC to see me
- In-laws drove into town to see me and Bebe
- Continued the Crossfit while out of town at a local box
- Boo-urns – I stopped meditating because of flights and haven’t picked it up again
- Hair-cut accomplished
- Travel to US accomplished
The post below describes yesterday (1 April 2015).
I wake up at around 6:35 AM to sounds of Bebe’s cries–not the panicked, something’s wrong cry–but instead the “I’m awake. Come get me.” cry. I sit on the couch in the dim living room–the sun has not come up yet–and feed him (for what feels like forever) while he tracks his father’s movements around the kitchen and living room. His dad is always more exciting that me and the love between the two is adorable and precious. When Bebe finished nursing, I take off his sleep sack and put him in the floor at which point he immediately toddles/crawls/creeps over to where husband is finishing his breakfast and the two share snuggles and hugs. Husband reluctantly hands him back to get ready for work and I start the diaper change process. At 10.5 months old, Bebe has opinions about holding still (read: he won’t) and there are a few protests (from both of us) as I finally get him changed and redressed in his sleeper. We spend the next half hour or so back and forth between the living room (hello toys!) and our bedroom (hello Dad!) before there is another handoff so I can fix breakfast for the bub and me. Continue reading “A Day in My Life”
#Bebe is napping so let’s do this quick-like…
So it would seem like not a whole lot happened in September, but that isn’t true. My parents’ visit was wonderful and Bebe continued to delight us each and every day. Let’s end with another picture of the precious one…