- We’ve been at my parents’ house for almost a week. It’s wonderful to be here and while there are many things I’m missing about our house/neighborhood in Doha, I’m not missing the heat. Thank goodness we’ll be in Georgia for a while.
- Simple dinners, like last night’s–a cheese and mushroom omelet topped by these lovely tomatoes—need to be in the rotation more. The meal was delicious, but not heavy, which is perfect for the summer heat.
- I don’t really have a third thing today. Life is good.
- After several mornings of wake-ups on the right side of 6:30 AM, little girl decided to wake up right at 6 AM. Sigh. I was really getting used to having coffee and chatting with husband for a bit before the kid(s) woke up. Here’s to hoping that today was a quirk and not a schedule re-set.
- The humidity has cranked up here! It’s now only 99F, but it feels like 113F due to the 47% humidity. Ugh. The kids and I played outside for a bit this morning, but only for a bit because I was sweating buckets.
- While new baby gates were being installed this morning, I took advantage of little boy’s newfound love of Moana and reorganized all the downstairs toys. We’ve been in this house coming up on a month and it was desperately needed.
- Keep moving my body as much as I am able for #Bebe2 and #Kid because #health
- Embrace the life changes that are headed my way this year with the addition of #Bebe2, a long trip back to the US to visit family in (Northern Hemisphere) summer, and another overseas posting for a bit after that — if I can’t bend, I’ll break…
- Learn to better accept help from others because I am horrible at this and I can’t be superwoman
And that’s it. 2016 doesn’t need to be too rigid. Lots going on here and I don’t need the stress of too much more…