#Bebe is napping so let’s do this quick-like…
So it would seem like not a whole lot happened in September, but that isn’t true. My parents’ visit was wonderful and Bebe continued to delight us each and every day. Let’s end with another picture of the precious one…
The month started with the two paddles I captured above and devolved into lots of couch time and knitting. Let’s move into bullets…
- Got the low-down on birthing and breastfeeding from a great new friend
- Rediscovered the Belconnen Fresh Food Markets–our new favorite place for grocery shopping on these increasingly chilly Saturday mornings
- #fauxsinglegirl for a bit while hubs was out of town meant watching lots of Supernatural on Netflix and a dinner in Dickson at the noodle house with another friend
- Easter brunch with great new friend, her husband, a few other people, and five kids under the age of eight
- Easter holidays (Good Friday and Easter Monday) + ANZAC Day meant a Canberra was super deserted and lots of couch time with husband
- Lots of cleaning and sorting
In all, a good month. Bring on May!
Let’s try this in bullets…
- Found a brunch place in Kingston that’s open on Sundays. You have no idea how wonderful that is unless you regularly work Saturdays and love brunch and live in a town where shops and/or restaurants often do not open on Sundays.
- Started the Athleta 30-Day Squat Challenge and completed the first two weeks. A road-trip derailed my progress and other forces prevented me from starting it up again…
- Made a new friend, who happens to be a neighbor, and attended the Canberra Multicultural Festival with her.
- Road trip! Canberra to Melbourne to Portland (via the Great Ocean Road) to Canberra in three days (around 1300 miles all together). A long time in the car, but definitely worth it.
- Work and SUP lessons, which I so dearly love teaching
- Went to my first UC Brumbies match and reminded myself of how much I enjoy watching rugby even though I lost my desire to play it years and years ago
- Found another place (and one that’s within walking distance of our house) that’s open for Sunday brunch. SCORE!
- Got plugged back into the L&D community online via the #OzLearn and #Lrnchat Twitter chats and started developing (online) relationships so that part of my skill set doesn’t atrophy