- We’ve been at my parents’ house for almost a week. It’s wonderful to be here and while there are many things I’m missing about our house/neighborhood in Doha, I’m not missing the heat. Thank goodness we’ll be in Georgia for a while.
- Simple dinners, like last night’s–a cheese and mushroom omelet topped by these lovely tomatoes—need to be in the rotation more. The meal was delicious, but not heavy, which is perfect for the summer heat.
- I don’t really have a third thing today. Life is good.
- I don’t generally read paranormal romance books (I’m a regency girl at heart), but when I want to try something new, Amy Cissell’s recommendations haven’t done me wrong. I’m about halfway thru this one (and I read the first two books in the series based on the review of the third one) and ended up staying up until almost 1 AM Tuesday night (I KNOW!! WHO AM I!?!?!) finishing the second one/starting the third one.
- This blog post speaks to me so hard! That said, it’s such a privilege for this to even be an issue in my life.
- We used to have (oven) roast chicken every week for Sunday dinner. Until we didn’t anymore because after three months straight, we got tired of roast chicken. I’ve started cooking a chicken in the slow cooker once a week again because (a) it’s super easy, (b) the kids eat it without any fuss, and (c) it’s super easy. While not exciting, it’s super-easy and with two kids under three, super-easy is in my wheelhouse at the moment.
Here’s a new (hopefully, regularly recurring) series on the blog wherein I highlight tech that makes my SAHM life easier.