- The new blog postings are a way to scratch a creative itch without having to commit to anything stressful or spend hours (that I don’t have at the moment) working on professional portfolio items. Who knows how long this will last, but for now (two day in, ha ha) it’s working well enough.
- Tomorrow marks two weeks since the #Kid started running a fever and the entire house went down a head cold/virus rabbit hole. My version of it morphed into a sinus infection (surprise, surprise) and I started antibiotics yesterday. I’m so ready to be well and to resume #30daysofKBs, although my 30 days are not at all sequential.
- Compound living is way better than we anticipated it being. We’ve made some great friends and love that over the course of five minutes last night, I got to chat with two girlfriends while our children ran around at the playground (which is literally around the corner from my house) and my husband and another husband could visit as well. That said, some nights, I’m the only mum on the playground with my kids as all the other kids are there with nannies/helpers. #DohaProblems
- Started out the month with head colds and ended it with head colds too #boo
- CrossFit continued when I was feeling up to it
- Got together with mummy friends and started going to a new playgroup
- Kid started refusing naps and now some days are one nap days while others are two nap days…
- Participated in Neghar Fonooni’s #BikiniRebellion
- Still no meditation
- Still CrossFitting (when I’m healthy enough to go…)
- No SUP (#WinterIsHere)
- Not great on “Me Time,” (see above statement about naps), but working on it
- Still reading and am so close to finishing my re-read of ASOIF
The month started quietly with a low-key New Year’s Day. Bebe and I were recovering from a cold. A few days later, my parents returned from New Zealand and the very next day, my dad departed to head back home. Hubs went back to work and my mum stayed for almost the rest of the month. Mum and I were able to work on some projects around the house (backyard gardening, car interior cleaning) and we took Bebe to the beach for a few days as well. I started exercising again (see below in Goals) and Bebe continued waking twice a night, so I started napping again when I could. He also started eating with gusto and continued being ever more adorable as he nailed the crawling thing and started bear crawling as well. The month ended with Mum heading back home and the long Australia Day weekend.
I likely won’t talk about the who-its and what-its too much for now, but will instead just provide a status update on these.
- I’ve started CrossFit and am reserving overall judgement until early April. Gotta give things three months, just like my parents taught me when I was younger.
- Thanks to a recommendation online, I spent way too much time reading historical romance books in January. As such, I’ve already read seven books for the year.
- I’ve missed a few days of meditation, but am trucking on. Headspace is great and I highly recommend it.
- I wasn’t able to go for a paddle in January, but am planning to go on a coffee paddle early in February.
- Mum and I went for a pedicure before she left (yay to painted toes!).