I’m starting to feel better. I stayed home from work yesterday and slept for most of the day. My body is starting to heal. As such, my thoughts are happier and I’m looking forward to the next couple of weeks/months. (Forgive me, it’s a list making kind of week.) Here’s why:
- We’re going to take a trip out west this summer to visit husband’s family for the first time in 10 years
- I can start whitewater kayaking again
- I’ll have a break from school from late June until late August
- Summer is coming (I LOVE SUMMER)
- My family’s annual Cinco de Mayo party is coming up
- I can go for bike rides without freezing
- Patio sitting + beer drinking + friends = bliss
I’m sure there are a few other things, but these are the ones on my mind RIGHT NOW.
What are you looking forward to? Am I the only one in a late-winter/early spring funk?
I took this video on the drive between Cave Spring and Rome, Georgia. Enjoy!
Husband and I took a trip over Labor Day weekend. It wasn’t a long one as we were only gone about 56 hours, but it was a necessary one. We went to hang out with some of my family in Panama City Beach, Florida. The weather was wonderful. The seafood was plentiful. The sunburn was all over my back. Good times.
It’s easy to get caught up in the day-to-day grind without realizing that you’ve given more of yourself to the world than what exists. At those times, take a break. Take a trip. Have a cup of tea. Go for a run. Do what you need to do to get your head back on straight.
Going to beach is like that for me. This trip was perfectly times as I just started school for the semester and husband is scheduled to go on a business trip in a few days. I was able to spend time with people who love and accept me just as I am and I recharged my batteries.