- This marks the third week of at least one of the kids being sick. I can’t even begin to count the number of colds/viruses/et cetera that my kids and I have endured since arriving in Doha in September 2016. I’m over it. Sigh.
- I’ve exercised twice this week (another post about this will be forthcoming as soon as I get my thoughts in order) and my efforts to increase my overall #movement have been beneficial for both my mental and physical health
- Husband took most of this week off of work, which has been fantastic since the kids have been on spring break, and we considered booking in at one of the local hotels that were running staycation deals since we did not have any travel plans. Instead, we chose to stay home and order in every night instead of cooking, since we just wanted a break from the evening routine of cooking and cleaning.
aka: The Friends and Family Edition
- My mum is here for a visit and I’ve stepped back from work a bit to spend time with her. We both want to live closer to each other and we try to enjoy each other’s company as much as possible when we are together.
- My mum also encourages me to make a better effort of getting together with my friends and not work in every spare moment I have. As such, I had coffee today with two of my friends that I haven’t seen in ages. Woo-hoo!
- The thing I need to work on in the next few weeks (months?) is finding a balance between working and self-care (including spending time with my friends) while the kids are at school.