Back on January 1, I set some goals for myself for 2012. Now that it’s July 1, I thought I’d check to see how they’re going…
- Train for the Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run – FAIL. See every post about my leg injury for more details.
- Actually run the race this year – FAIL. See number 1.
- Use all of my outstanding Living Social coupons
- Auto detailing – FAIL. Ran out of time.
- The Mansion at O Street – Self guided champagne tour – WIN. The girls and I did this in early June. So. Much. Fun.
- 10 hot yoga classes – Sorta WIN. Sorta FAIL. I went to some of these, but ran out of time to get them all in.
- Custom framing services – FAIL. Didn’t realize I had to make an appointment on a Saturday to go use this. I can still use the face value, but I’ve lost the promotional value at this point.
- Three hour stand up paddleboard lesson – WIN. LOVE IT. More to come in future posts.
- Get back into white water kayaking – FAIL. Decided to SUP instead.
- Finish grad school – MAJOR WIN. I graduated with a 4.0 GPA and am DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE.
- Finish bathroom renovation (re-tile floor and paint) – Work in progress. This one will have to wait for the second half of the year.
Things that are not necessarily goals, but are on my “to explore” list are…
- Possibly paint our condo – Work in progress. I started this a few weeks ago and am slowly chipping away at it.
- Install hardwood floors – Eh. I think I’m just going to put in new carpet instead.
- Run a half-marathon – FAIL. Not being able to run is really putting a damper on any racing plans I had for the year.
- Start CrossFit – FAIL (for now). Not being able to do high impact stuff also puts a damper on pursuing Cross-Fit.
Who knows what the rest of the year has in store? I’m tired of trying to plan everything to the nth degree and then experiencing major frustration when things don’t work out due to forces beyond my control. I guess my true goal for the rest of the year is to be open to new experiences, not over think things, and just enjoy life.