So, I fell off the face of (blogging) Earth. July went a little haywire and here we are on 31 December and I’m trying to figure out where the last six months went. Instead of breaking this down into a “Life” and “Goals” section, I’m just going to summarize (via bullets) what’s been going on with me. I’ll go ahead and say upfront that SUP-ing isn’t happening (I sold my board), meditation is a no-go (need to restart this ASAP), and me-time happened when it could, but not always consistently. Bring on 2016!!
August! 2014! Recap! Bullet! Style!
- How is it already August 2014!?!?! Where does the time go!!!???
- Long walks with more pleasant weather (Yay spring!!!)
- Yay to the Belconnen New Parents Group! This wonderful group of fellow mums has (and will) save my sanity over the next two years.
- GOTG came out. And we went. And it was great. AND we left of Bebe with a non-family member for the first time and it went well.
- Two wonder weeks :-/, but still some adorableness happened (see below)
- The Lean & Lovely program is super awesome. I definitely prefer having someone else program my workouts for me and this one hits the spot. That being said, I couldn’t imagine purchasing and then using this program without prior kettlebell experience.
- Skyping with family and friends
- New (to me) recipes (This one. And this one)
- Closed out the month with a trip to Bondi Beach (#bebesfirstovernighttrip) and while the trip was great, the ride back home wasn’t. Little boy cried/screamed for 85% of the way home.
Back on January 1, I set some goals for myself for 2012. Now that it’s July 1, I thought I’d check to see how they’re going…
- Train for the Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run – FAIL. See every post about my leg injury for more details.
- Actually run the race this year – FAIL. See number 1.
- Use all of my outstanding Living Social coupons
- Auto detailing – FAIL. Ran out of time.
- The Mansion at O Street – Self guided champagne tour – WIN. The girls and I did this in early June. So. Much. Fun.
- 10 hot yoga classes – Sorta WIN. Sorta FAIL. I went to some of these, but ran out of time to get them all in.
- Custom framing services – FAIL. Didn’t realize I had to make an appointment on a Saturday to go use this. I can still use the face value, but I’ve lost the promotional value at this point.
- Three hour stand up paddleboard lesson – WIN. LOVE IT. More to come in future posts.
- Get back into white water kayaking – FAIL. Decided to SUP instead.
- Finish grad school – MAJOR WIN. I graduated with a 4.0 GPA and am DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE.
- Finish bathroom renovation (re-tile floor and paint) – Work in progress. This one will have to wait for the second half of the year.
Things that are not necessarily goals, but are on my “to explore” list are…
- Possibly paint our condo – Work in progress. I started this a few weeks ago and am slowly chipping away at it.
- Install hardwood floors – Eh. I think I’m just going to put in new carpet instead.
- Run a half-marathon – FAIL. Not being able to run is really putting a damper on any racing plans I had for the year.
- Start CrossFit – FAIL (for now). Not being able to do high impact stuff also puts a damper on pursuing Cross-Fit.
Who knows what the rest of the year has in store? I’m tired of trying to plan everything to the nth degree and then experiencing major frustration when things don’t work out due to forces beyond my control. I guess my true goal for the rest of the year is to be open to new experiences, not over think things, and just enjoy life.