Skip to content
- Having friends is awesome. As an introvert, it would be so much easier (at time) to not have friends, but I know this isn’t true and am thankful for the wonderful people in my life.
- Modern technology is awesome. I’m sitting on the couch at 2 PM in Doha exchanging online messages with friends in Australia and around the corner while sending emails to people back in the US. It’s even awesomer (is that a word? WordPress tells me it isn’t. I think it should be.) how much easier things have gotten in the four years (or so) since we left Washington, DC.
- Being an adult is awesome. Sure, there are lots of unfun things about it (like cleaning the kitchen EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT.), but I want to go back in time to tell my late teen/early twenties self to be patient. Hell, I want to tell my mid/late twenties self to be patient. My thirties have been far better than I ever anticipated they would be and I’m actually kind of excited about turning forty in a few years.
- Um. Where has June gone? How is it already the 22nd? I demand more hours in each day and more in each week. There’s never enough time to do ALL. THE. THINGS.
- That said, I’ve had a bit more time this week as a neighbor’s daughter has been a mother’s helper for me three mornings for about two hours each. She’s here to get to know the kids in advance of doing some (evening!!) babysitting for us starting in the fall. We’re so excited because we haven’t had regular date nights since before darling son was born (and he’s now 3+!!). She’s a lovely girl and I’m so glad it’s working out.
- We need to figure out childcare for the fall. I’m going to be starting (another) part-time job, but this one will need more time than the one I’ve had since March 2008 such that consistent, daytime childcare will be necessary.
We I keep going around in circles between the pros/cons of full-time live-in help, part-time live-out help, and putting the kids in half-day nursery school for a couple of days each week. It’s so frustrating, but at the same time, we’re in a wonderful position to even be having this debate.