- I’m tired of waiting for radiation scheduling. I’m ready to get the rest of my/our summer mapped out. Trying really hard to be patient.
- We’re headed to the lake next week for 4th of July festivities and I’m excited about going. I’m curious as to how the kids will handle it. They did fine last year, but they’re another year older…
- I’m still sorting out the Beautycounter thing. I think I’m really going to enjoy it, but #learningcurve and wanting everything to just happen.
As we prepare to repatriate, I’ve spent a fair bit of time thinking about our time overseas. I never properly blogged about our three years in Canberra, Australia and the things I loved (and hated) about living there. That said, the things I hated have softened into mere annoyances over time.
- Coffee! Fresh produce! Farmers market! I could tell you of so many times I was impressed, but instead just trust that we ate and drank well during those three years.
- People! I met many wonderful people and made a few friends for life. Not a week goes by that I don’t check in with one of them (Hi Tina!) and I’m forever thankful for the many people that welcomed and took care of us there.
- Lifestyle! Everyone was relaxed and most people worked to live instead of living for work. It’s something we struggled with (Hello! I’m a Type A East Coaster!), but I appreciated it and still strive to emulate that mindset.
- Grocery trolley carts where none of the wheels are fixed. I can’t stand them and kicked the back wheels so many times over the three years while wearing sandals. Oww!
- Not being able to pay for petrol at the pump. I don’t think this needs further explanation.
And that’s it. The “Loves!” list could go on forever if I enumerated every little thing, but the “Annoyances!” list will stay forever short.
If a job ever opens up in Australia for us, we’d go back with very little hesitation.