- After several mornings of wake-ups on the right side of 6:30 AM, little girl decided to wake up right at 6 AM. Sigh. I was really getting used to having coffee and chatting with husband for a bit before the kid(s) woke up. Here’s to hoping that today was a quirk and not a schedule re-set.
- The humidity has cranked up here! It’s now only 99F, but it feels like 113F due to the 47% humidity. Ugh. The kids and I played outside for a bit this morning, but only for a bit because I was sweating buckets.
- While new baby gates were being installed this morning, I took advantage of little boy’s newfound love of Moana and reorganized all the downstairs toys. We’ve been in this house coming up on a month and it was desperately needed.
I don’t have a Tech Tuesday post for today. Instead, you get to read a bullet list of my morning thoughts…
- It’s 7:12 AM. I’ve been up since 6 AM. Both kids are still asleep. I’ve dreamed of mornings like this for ages and am so thankful they’ve actually arrived.
- I’ve already finished all my coffee for the morning.
- I’ve read/process all the email that arrived overnight, caught up on IG (I really dislike the new sorting algorithm BTW), and perused FB.
- I should have showered or done any number of things with this golden time, but #ohwellgirl
- We need to go to the grocery, but this is going to be today’s forecast.
- I’ve just finished a regency romance mini-binge, but am not excited about any of the books I was reading before the binge. (Friend me on Goodreads, why don’t you?)
- My reading list has shifted almost entirely from fiction to non-fiction over the last five years.
- My new phone arrived the other day. I like it a lot, but the battery died overnight when it shouldn’t have.
- Friends are starting to leave Doha for the summer since most of the schools just let out. They’ll be returning while we’re gone next month, so it’ll likely be very early September before we’re all back in town.
I’m going to go get dressed now so that my morning goes that much smoother when the sleepy-heads do finally wake up.
AKA: The De Quervain’s Tenosynovitis Edition
- After experiencing pain in my left thumb/wrist for almost fourteen months (I KNOW, I KNOW! Chalk it up to my high pain tolerance), I finally decided to see someone about it when the pain started shooting up to my elbow. Nevermind that I now have a bone spur on the inside of my wrist because of this…Now, I’m wearing a brace and need to minimize usage of my left hand/arm for three to four (!!!) months so that it can heal.
- This means I need to revise my June goals. So, let’s aim for 15 yoga sessions and cancel the kettlebell part for the time being.
- On the plus side, I can recommend a good osteopath here in Doha who lives across the street from me. Ha ha.