- I received a care package from a friend in Australia and it made my evening. She included a gift for me and gifts for each of my children. I miss her so much and am thankful that technology allows us to exchange texts almost daily.
- Papa John’s pizza for dinner is wonderful after a long week of wrangling a toddler and a proto-toddler. I am so over cooking at the moment.
- My parents arrive next week for a visit and we’re so excited to have them here.
I live where it’s hot almost all year round. As a result, I am constantly chasing my kids around with their water bottles. It’s easy to forget about myself though. One of the tools I use to keep myself on track is the fabulous app Waterlogged (Android or iTunes). It’s super easy to set up and if you’re keen, the app can remind you throughout the day to drink more or log the liquid you’ve consumed. I aim for 75 ounces (2.2 L) per day just for my normal activity, but on days that we’re outside a good bit or days that I exercise, I shoot for more. While this “Tech Tuesday” app is not revolutionary, it may be helpful to you too.
- The Kid’s third birthday is coming up and I’m totally dropping the ball on planning for it. I’ve reserved space and a bouncy house, but everything else…eh. I’ll do it this weekend.
- Yesterday, the littles and I went to IKEA for lunch. I shared an IG story about it.
- I’m totally digging the IG feeds/stories from @iamerinbrown, @jensinkler, and @negharfonooni. Nuggets of wisdom from these Queens help get me through the days when I’m so over my life.